Nâzım Hikmet Konferansları serisine Rossen Djagalov konuk oldu. Moderatörlüğünü Halim Kara’nın üstlendiği etkinlik 16 Ocak 2023 Pazartesi günü saat 17:00’de Zoom üzerinden canlı yayınlandı.
One of Hikmet’s most appealing and enduring characteristics is his consummate internationalism, with his poetic and personal engagements stretching from East Asia to the Horn of Africa. Of course, that internationalism wasn’t divorced from the main national contexts with which he was associated -the Turkish and the Soviet ones- but was rather, based on them. He engaged the literary spaces of Africa and Asia as a specifically Turkish national poet, familiar with underdevelopment and the workings of Western colonialism. What enabled his engagement in the first place was Hikmet’s place in the infrastructures of Soviet literary internationalism. Indeed, by following Hikmet, as he entered the Soviet orbit first in the 1920s and then in the 1950s and 60s, I will draw the contours of a veritable anticolonial republic of letters that sought to forge literary links between Africa and Asia and connect these with Soviet culture.
Rossen Djagalov is an Associate Professor of Russian at New York University. He is a historian of leftist culture, interested in the linkages between cultural producers and audiences in the USSR and abroad. His book From Internationalism to Postcolonialism: Literature and Cinema between the Second and the Third World (2020) uncovers the Soviet trace in postcolonial literature, film, and ultimately, theory. His second book project, “The People’s Republic of Letters: Towards a Media History of Twentieth-Century Socialist Internationalism,” examines the relationship between the political left and the different media (proletarian novel, singer-songwriter performance, political documentary film) that at different times played a major role in connecting its publics globally. He is a member of the editorial collective of LeftEast.
- ZAFER YENAL İLE YENİ ZAMANLAR SOSYOLOJİSİ 20 EYLÜL’DE BAŞLIYOR04/04/2023 - 00:39
- MODERNLİĞİN 250 YILI: TARİH, TOPLUM VE EDEBİYAT29/03/2023 - 13:57
- TÜRKİYE’NİN 150 YILI: TARİH, TOPLUM VE EDEBİYAT27/10/2022 - 14:00
- OSMANLI EDEBİYATI’NDA KADIN SEMİNERLERİ09/05/2022 - 18:46
- EDEBİYATTA KORKU TÜRÜNÜN KÖKENLERİ VE GELİŞİMİ14/02/2022 - 14:17
- GENÇLER İÇİN YARATICI YAZARLIK UZAKTAN EĞİTİM PROGRAMI04/06/2021 - 17:01
- NÂZIM HİKMET’TEN GÜLTEN AKIN’A, MODERN TÜRK ŞİİRİNİN USTALARI17/06/2020 - 13:56
- YEMEK VE ÖTESİ: GASTRONOMİ, KÜLTÜR VE TARİH17/06/2020 - 13:55
- GENÇLER İÇİN YARATICI YAZARLIK ATÖLYESİ17/06/2020 - 13:54
- MELANKOLİNİN ANATOMİSİ: PSİKOLOJİ, SANAT VE EDEBİYATTA KARADUYGUN09/06/2023 - 14:28
- Enis Akın, Günümüz Şairlerinde Nâzım Hikmet Etkisi27/04/2023 - 15:53
- DİYALOGLAR: LEÏLA SLİMANİ’DEN GULYABANİNİN BAHÇESİ18/04/2023 - 11:30
- Mehmet Aycı, Günümüz Şairlerinde Nâzım Hikmet Etkisi23/03/2023 - 13:30
- AŞİYAN KONUŞMALARI: KANDİLLİ RASATHANESİ, OSMANLI’DAN GÜNÜMÜZE BİLİM YOLUNDA 150 YIL, MUSTAFA AKTAR17/03/2023 - 17:14
- DİYALOGLAR: GEORGİ GOSPODİNOV’DAN ZAMAN SIĞINAĞI13/03/2023 - 20:02